Problem Sets for Calculus 1
Fall 2010, Math 101
Be sure to check back often, because assignments may change!
Monday, December 6, 2010,
2:35 PM )
- Always do the WeBWorK problems for a section before doing the problems listed below, as the WeBWorK are generally more introductory.
- Read (or re-read) the description of Calc 1problem sets, to learn or remind yourself of the reasoning, the procedures, expectations of how you'll work on them, etc.
- Follow the Guidelines for Homework Presentation.
- Work on the problems throughout the week.
- WebWork (WW) is due by 5pm most Wednesdays. Problem sets (PS) are due by 1pm most Thursdays.
- Whether for group or individual problem sets, you should be working on every problem. See the last page of the course policies, on the Honor Code.
- For group problem sets, remember to put a star next to the primary author's name.
- Guidelines for using your graphing calculator, Wolfram Alpha, or Maple: If a problem is supposed to be done using technology, then of course, go for it. Otherwise, you may not use technology to accomplish the main purpose of the problem (for example, if the problem is in the product rule section, you may not use Maple to do the differentiation!). However, you may use it to look at a graph, or to help with individual algebraic steps of a problem.
- Please come to see me for help, as well as taking advantage of the tutoring hours through Kollet Center!
WW 5 and PS 5
Cancelled -- Do study guide and as many extra problems as you can! I have left WW5 available, but changed the due date to October 5 so that the answers become available a little sooner. That means that WW 5 will show up as a zero in your scores, but don't worry, I won't count it as a zero! t
WW 6 and PS 6
WW 6, due Thursday 10/14: Available through WeBWork
PS 6, due Friday 10/15, at 11:30am: Individual Assignment
Section 2.5: 34, 48, 52
WW 7 and PS 7
WW 7, due Wednesday 10/20: Available through WeBWork
WW 6-2, due Wednesday 10/20: This is a repeat of WW 6. If you were unable to finish WW 6, you can give it another shot. However, this is all new -- it doesn't remember what you entered last week, and the problems may be slightly different. I left the order the same, however, so that you only have to do those problems were you unable to get last time; I'll just combine the two scores.
PS 7, due Thursday 10/21: Group Assignment
Section 2.6: 30, 38
Section 2.7: 30, 62
Section 2.9: 2, 30, 36
WW 8 and PS 8
WW 8, due Wednesday 10/27: Available through WeBWork
PS 8, due Thursday 10/28: Individual Assignment
Section 3.2: 22, 42, 60
Section 3.3: 4, 48
Section 3.4: 10, 18, 36
That's it for October's assignments.
Go to the problem sets for November!
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Science Center, Room 101A
Norton, Massachusetts 02766-0930
TEL (508) 286-3973
FAX (508) 285-8278
Back to: Calculus 1 | My Homepage | Math and CS