Problem Sets for Calculus 2
Fall 2013, Math 104
November and December, 2013
Be sure to check back often, because assignments may change!
- Read (or re-read) the description of Calc 2 problem sets, to learn or remind yourself of the reasoning, the procedures, expectations of how you'll work on them, etc.
- You are always responsible for daily WeBWorK assignments as well as for the weekly assignment.
- If a weekly assignment consists of both WeBWorK and handwritten problems, it is a good idea to complete the WeBWorK problems first, both because you'll be able to learn from the feedback that WeBWorK gives you, and because usually many of the WeBWorK problems will be at a more introductory level than the handwritten problems.
- Remember - for the handwritten problems, follow the Guidelines for Homework Presentation.
- Work on the problem set throughout the week.
- Each weekly problem set will be due by 1pm Thursdays unless otherwise noted. (The WeBWorK will actually be due at 12:50pm.)
- The group problem sets will generally be due at 10:30 on occasional Mondays unless otherwise noted. They are included here in chronological order. (Their due dates are subject to change.)
- If you work with others on a weekly problem set,
- remember that in the end, the work and understanding must be your own.
- you must cite them on specific problems, or at the beginning of the problem set.
- For the group problem sets,
- groups must consist of 2 or 3 members. Never 1, never 4 or more.
- you must discuss and understand how to do every problem with your fellow group members.
- do not split the problems among the members of your group.
- Guidelines for using your graphing calculator, Wolfram Alpha, or Maple: Do not use technology to accomplish the main purpose of a problem (for example, if the problem is in the substitution section, you may not use technology to do the integration!). However, you may use it to look at a graph, or to help with individual algebraic steps of a problem.
- Please come to see me for help, as well as taking advantage of the tutoring hours through Kollet Center!
PS 10: due Thursday 11/7
: Covers Sections 12.1 and 12.2
Section 12.1: 30, 34, 44
Section 12.2: 34, 62
- For further practice:
Section 12.1: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 26, 60
Section 12.2: 1(e, f, g, h), 3, 4, 48
PS 11: due Thursday 11/14
: Covers Sections 12.3 and 12.4
Section 12.3: 20, 40(a,b), 52, 68
Section 12.4: 60
- For further practice:
Section 12.3: 0, 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 27, 37, 53
Section 12.4: 1ef,57
GPS 3: due Monday 11/18
PS 12: due Wednesday 11/20 at 11:59pm
- WeBWorK: Covers Section 12.5, 12.6, 12.7
None: I want you to know before the exam whether the ideas are all making sense to you
PS 13: due Friday 12/6 at 5:00pm
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
Science Center, Room 1306
Norton, Massachusetts 02766-0930
TEL (508) 286-3973
FAX (508) 285-8278
Back to: Calculus 2 | My Homepage | Math and CS